Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Internal Speakers DO NOT WORK! - 11-21-2009, 11:12 PM

Hello everyone, I just got my Dell Mini 10v yesterday and immediately proceeded to Hackintosh it with all the wonderful guides available here. While almost everyone worked out of the box, the only problem was the lack of sound coming out of Internal Speakers. Headphone inputs work fine, and this problem reoccurs across Mac OSX, Windows, and Ubuntu. It has come to my conclusion that it is indeed a hardware problem, but because I bought this laptop new I'm assuming its just a unplugged cable...

If anyone could explain where (pictures would help a lot) the sound wire is that hooks up the speakers to the rest of the computer it would be much appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM

It may be a loose cable - the socket is under the palm rest so you will need to remove that - here is the service manual:

You want the section on speakers:

There is a white plug half way along the black speaker wire which needs to be fully inserted into the socket on the motherboard.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 11-24-2009, 09:45 PM

I managed to follow the documentation to the point where (after stripping it down to the palm rest bracket) that the speakers were in fine but there was no internal bluetooth. Disabling it in BIOs seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks for the help.

« Logic 8 or Logic 9, Do either work? | I am so dissapointed in the Linux netbook spins »