Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Got my replacement keyboard by just searching Dell Mini 10 replacement keyboard on Amazon. Got it for 9.95 from "Systems Integration Business" partner. Be cautious about the Amazon partners, one was selling the keyboard for $29.95. I had to keep tweaking my search before I found this price.

I am a modder novice, but replaced the keyboard in about 10 minutes. Most of that time just careful poking and prodding to ensure I didn't break the trim piece, which I initiall thought had to be removed. It does not.

Just take out the three screws holding the keyboard and gently do some prying to get the plastic tabs holding the keyboard snapped in place to let loose.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Here is link to replacement keyboard, it is $9.57, shipping was about $5. It does not qulaify for free shipping. NEW Black Keyboard for Dell Mini 10 MP-08G43US-698 Netbook: Electronics
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator
Default 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I am sure it is obvious, but if anyone in the U.K. is looking for one of these, please do bear in mind that they the key layout is different to that of the U.S.A. keyboards being discussed here, and so the part numbers will therefore be different also!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#13) Old
Default 01-04-2010, 04:55 PM

This link may be of use Parts and Ugrades for Your Dell | Dell or Dell Manuals

Somewhere there's also a service manual for the 10v in html form. Downloaded it before Xmas but can't find it now. Ah -- it is here

keyboard key replacement

« Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala runs superbly on the 10v | SD Card slot also reads M2 cards »