Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default 1st Dell Mini - 11-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Hi guys, 1st post!

Anyways, I am talking myself into purchasing a Dell Mini 10v and would just like some clarification on a few issues.

I am going to buy from Dell, with 160GB hard drive, Bluetooth and stock Wifi card.

Then hopefully upgrade the RAM to 2GB using the methods on Youtube.

I would like to use OSX 10.6.1, which I have no problem installing, Windows 7 and a spare partition that I can use to experiment on Ubuntu or Modbin etc

If I want to triple boot am I forced to go MBR instead of GUID?

Will the Bluetooth card support Bluetooth stereo music?

Is the BIOS downgrade easy to do 1st time?

Thanks all I can think of at the minute, thanks alot to anyone that can help me. I have been very impressed with the forums and have spent about a month reading into this, before I actually make the purchase.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Hi, and welcome to MyDellMini.

As no one else has yet replied to you, I was about to do so, and suggest that you may well get a more informative response by posting your questions in the Operating Systems/ Dual Booting (or possibly even the OS X) section, but I see now that you already have!

Hopefully someone there will be able to point you in the right direction and there are a lot of interesting posts on similar topics.

Being a straightforward Windows man myself, I'm afraid that I can't really help you at all, but I am sure there are plenty of others on here who can!

Enjoy yout Mini 10v anyway... they are great little 'machines'!!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old
Default 11-15-2009, 05:40 PM

i actually havent made another post but ill do it now, thanks for the help

« Upgrading from a Mini 9 to 10v - Practical and Worth It? | [OSX] iStat Menu not reporting network traffic or temps »