Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default OSX or Ubuntu? I have OSX on now! - 11-14-2009, 06:54 AM

Hello all,
So I have hackintoshed my 10v, everything works (sort of) but some mouse movement is sketchy (I installed the mouse update) and I notice little things here and there that just isn't quite right.

So I am wondering... What does everyone think of Ubuntu on these Mini 10v's? I never used it on the 10v before I put Snow on and I hate to wipe it out and have to go through putting it back if Ubuntu is worse?

I am very Linux and Ubuntu savvy so the linux switch will not be such a shock, matter of fact this was my first mac os machine.

So anyways, what do you all think?
  (#2) Old
Default 11-14-2009, 12:02 PM

I'm running 10.5.6 and am v happy with it. Mine came pre-installed with Ubuntu and I found it to be a little buggy (sound would stop working). I'm sure the newer versions are better but I just think Linux lacks the polish that Mac OS has.

« Video of my snow leopard install onto my 10v | Free Vodafone Mobile Broadband Offer (In U.K.) »