Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Dual boot do I have to reinstall Windows 7 - 11-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Hi all. I know this may be somewhere else, and I've read several guides. I just haven't seen this answered exactly. I was wondering if I can boot SL onto my mini 10v that already has Windows 7 on it, and keep Windows 7 on. I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall Windows since I don't have a disk (just the version that came installed on the system), and don't really want to go buy one since I've already paid for a license. Sorry if this is an annoying question, but I'd appreciate any helpful responses.

(#2) Old
Default 11-11-2009, 11:41 PM

My guess would be yes, sadly. I don't think Snow Leopard will install on an MBR partitioned disk. It would have to be wiped and repartitioned as a GUID first .

Before you did anything, however, I would backup your Windows 7 activation (to avoid the hassle later on) and preferably image your entire hard drive. I used Acronis True Image to backup my original XP installation just in case and it worked like a charm. This way, no matter what happens, you can always go back to how it is now intact.

« SD Card reader not working with Windows 7 | Drown grade BIOS »