Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Dell mini 10v BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH - 11-09-2009, 02:30 AM

Hey guys,

I just purchased my dell mini 10v and realized that I have two problems:

1. Every time I plug my ethernet cable (using my apartment complex's internet) into the 10v, the blue screen of death pops up. I saw in an earlier thread that this problem exists as far as July of this year, but have not found any solution to this problem. Wireless works fine. Moreover, my friend's dell mini 10, works just fine with the ethernet cable plugged in using my apartment complex's internet. I really do not understand why this problem would persist on my brand new machine.

2. Sometimes when I shut down or restart the computer, the screen would be stuck on the shutdown page. I would have to manually hold the power button to shut it down.

I'm just really sad and distraught about this problem and am wondering if anyone knows what is wrong.

This is the 2nd 10v that dell has sent me, and both times the two issues described above occurred.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 11-09-2009, 02:41 AM

Were the stop codes identical? Are you using the OS as shipped by Dell? Are there minidump files in C:\Windows\Minidump that we can look at?

Getting an iPad

« 6cell hardW | My Recent upgrades to my new 10v »