Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default A04 bios always trying netboot after OSX 10.6 install(s) - 11-04-2009, 09:04 PM

I was trying the snow leopard install on my brand new 10v. I downgraded the bios to a04 (lots of beeps), followed the gizmodo instructions and everything seemed fine (including sound) until the first reboot, which hung. I reinstalled a couple more times, getting past the boot hang, but apparently losing sound. Finally, on the last installation when it rebooted, the machine tried for a netboot, even though HD was selected first, followed by USB. I tried again, same result. The only way I could get it to avoid netboot is by disabling either the netboot option in the BIOS BOOT menu, or disabling the on board lan control in the Advanced tab. Then I tried to reflash with A04. Came back up, same problem. Also, there were no beeps from the flash utility. Downgraded to A03, no beeps, still netbooting. Reflashed to A04, no beeps, still netbooting. WTF? Any suggestions?

bios netboot osx a04

« SSD Dilema | 10V Backlit Logo Project Complete »