Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default SSD not running at full speed? - 11-01-2009, 08:24 AM

I've installed a Corsair P128 SSD in my Mini 10 and while it feels quite a bit faster than before, I have a feeling it could be better...

The drive is rated 220/200 R/W MB/s, so it shouldn't be the limiting factor. I have a feeling it's the SATA controller that's playing up. I assume the SATA 1.5 Gbit/s controller in the Mini 10 should be able to handle at least 100 MB/s, but when I run test I get results between 50 and 60 MB/s....

I have updated the BIOS to A11 but I can't seem to find any harddrive settings there.

Is there a setting in Windows 7 I'm missing?

Dell Mini 10 - Z530, 1GB RAM, 128 GB Corsair SSD, 1366x768 HD LCD, 802.11N, BT, DVB-T, 3-cell battery. Win 7.
Plays this perfectly in full screen: Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To

corsair, sata, speed, ssd, win7

« Attempted to install bluetooth - burning smell (pics inside!) | no sound after 2gb ram upgrade »