Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Chossing ram ? mac osx with no cd or Mac? - 10-29-2009, 03:21 AM

hi guys im new in the dell mini world

but i have lot of questions , i tryed to seach for this answer but i cant find them .

1.-Wich is the best ram?
some people recomend "any ram" but i also read that some rams are causing hot issues.

2.-is posible to install leopard or snow leopard with no external cd or MAc?

i have a hackintosh with ideneb 10.5.6 but i think i need a Retail version of installed mac, as well as my new retail cd for the dell mini

3.-how i know my bios version?

thanks for ur time
  (#2) Old
Default Go on - 01-29-2010, 09:04 AM

My Ram

To install without CD DVD and mac, take a look here:

BIOS: When you start press F2 and then in Bios you can take a look wich version youre running

Much luck

mini10v | 10.6.3 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSDNOW V-Series | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | A06 | BT:no | WAKEn LEGACYff
  (#3) Old
Default 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM

I found this ram to be popular when I was looking for what to buy. I put it in my mini last night and its running great. I will say it did get a little warm on the bottom of the machine during OSX install, but the machine doesn't have any active cooling.

Doing intensive work like installing an OS is going to generate some heat. After the install it was moderately warm during use.

« Painting the plamrest/trackpad cover.....suggestions? | The Mini 10V have 3G connectivity ?!? i can't understand... »