Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 10-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
First of all, you start off by being impatient... one and a half hours after you post your initial question you are already posting a smart reply....
Precisely. I clicked the thread because I saw a title that I figured I could help with. Then was smacked in the face by immature, impatient and ungrateful sarcasm. My reaction to such posts is "meh, screw you then".

The vibe continues with "I guess if this is the kind of "help" that I can expect I will need tolook for help elsewhere". Perhaps he feels this threat will cause alarm? That we'll be offended by his leaving, or go out of our way to stop such a tragedy?

Ruin, stick around... or don't. But if you do, in future you'll find that a little manners will do wonders.

Now back to the topic at hand. I upgraded my mini 10v to a 2GB DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) SO-DIMM. Mine's a cheapo (but low-latency) Kingmax, so the one you linked may work differently. Because I wasn't sure, I specifically chose one that said it was compatible with 533mhz.

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.1 | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | 1510 Wifi | BIOS A04 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: ON | OEM BT 2.0: ON | NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC3

(#12) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 10-05-2009, 10:19 PM

I am also in agreement with how you feel Max_Carnage. The ironic thing is that if you look at my post history I am overall very welcoming to new members.

Also, I linked to relevant search results in my OP... I did not just say "Search, screw you." or "Why did you not search". I linked to 2 different possible searches that could have been conducted to show that the search function on the forum is not useless.

Anyways, this is all said and done and I have even provided an answer to the question. I guess that is not good enough for the OP.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#13) Old
Default 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Well both you and max carnage were jerks about it.
As a third party here, I want to tell you that you've come off very testy. I've found mydellmini to be a great place, even when I've put my foot in my mouth.

max and bmm were both courteous and professional in their replies and patience. I too am sorry that you found the posts to be otherwise.
  (#14) Old
Default 10-06-2009, 09:07 PM

lol stickied XD

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

just to clarify

use pc2-6400, and speed is limited to bios

« what OS should I use on my new 10v? | uninstall cxchromium »