Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Super Moderator
Question BIOS Setup access - 10-04-2009, 11:13 AM

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I am still not 100% sure of the correct way to access the BIOS screens at boot-up on a Mni 10v.

Some folks say 'press F12', others F2, but of course these are both 'blue' options!

So it is presumably necessary to press the 'Fn' key at the same time?... or does this only apply once Windows has loaded... yes, I know you can't access the BIOS then, but I meant the dual functionality of the top row of keys!

It all has to be done very quickly I know, but I would like to be able to hit the minimum number of keys positively, rather than just bashing away until it works!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#2) Old
Default 10-04-2009, 12:35 PM

The "Fn" key is only available when Windows is running.
Press F2 to get into the BIOS.
F12 is for "boot options".
  (#3) Old
Default 07-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks for clearing that up!

« Memory compatibility questions (for the 10v) | Left speaker overheating. Cause? How to Fix? »