Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Exclamation Just ordered my new mini 10v! Planning on SSD & 2gb upgrade and OSX SL! - 09-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Hi all!

Am very exited to officially own a minii 10v. Have been looking for weeks and this netbook really is attractive with it's £199 price tag, especially as Dell put on a free color upgrade option for the weekend!

So what's everyone's experience with shipping in the UK? I've ordered the bog standard 'v' model in white. How many days does it take to recieve?

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM

Some people, including myself, experienced some delays recently when ordering a Mini 10v with the Vodafone Mobile Broadband add-on, but as you have gone with the basic Ubuntu model, you should be OK.

When you placed your order, Dell will have given you an Estimated Delivery Date, and you can follow ther progress of your order from the link given in your order confirmation email.

However, you should expect to receive it about a week before the date they first quoted.

If you haven't yet ordered the 2GB RAM upgrade, either have a look at my earlier posts regarding this, or drop me a PM.

I hope you enjoy your new Mini 10v!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old
Default 09-28-2009, 11:46 PM

Montala, Don't speak so fast.

I'm from Canada and I ordered the 10v with ubuntu this month, the 15th. Still did not receive it.

Waiting for my Dell Mini 10v
  (#4) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM

I just received my 10v, after ordering it on Sunday/Monday. I bought from the Dell Outlet, black (all they had that wasn't refurb/scratch-n-dent), with free upgrade to 3-5 day shipping. That being said, I live 90 miles away from Austin (though I don't know where they ship from), so getting it quickly isn't particularly surprising.

I am SO SPOILED by my iMac! It took 15 minutes with someone in India to get my wireless to work. :P

I didn't get the upgraded ram, so I'll be looking for your postings, Montala. My plan is OSX.

« Anyone bought a mini from BestBuy recently? | Possible to dual boot OSX+W7 using just Chameleon bootloader(no EasyBCD)? »