Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v Webcam - 09-25-2009, 12:48 PM

First let me say although this is my first post I have been lurking around the mydellmini forums for a little while. I have found it to be a great resource and community. I have completed both the dual boot and ram upgrade guides and found them very easy to follow.
My current issue is with the mini 10v's webcam. When I use skype or other webcam applications my camera often seems dark. I realize the camera is only 1.3 MP but I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I admit it might just be the lighting in my home but other webcams I have used in the same setting have been fine. Can anyone offer any tips or solutions. Is the dell webcam application necessary?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-25-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by S34N View Post
... Can anyone offer any tips or solutions ...
Yes. I'm sure it is faulty. I have three 10v's purchased recently from Dell Outlet UK- two give a very natural webcam image even under dark conditions - the third has a green tint to anything dark.

See my post ...

After several support calls, Dell agreed to collect it and replace the webcam - they collected it and it came back just three days later with some scratches on the cover and thumb prints all over the screen - BUT NO HARDWARE WAS REPLACED - only the webcam software drivers were re-installed!!

Dell's third party service agents here in the UK - QualXserv - did nothing to resolve the issue and they clearly have no respect for other folks property!

After a very angry service call from me - Dell are going to replace the unit - I'm waiting to see what arrives.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM

I have not faced any problem but you should get it replaced from the place you have purchased.

mini 10v, webcam

« Viewing uploaded videos!! | Mini 10v Ubuntu 9.04 Mic not working »