Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Unhappy battery won´t charge - Mini 10v - 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Hello all..
My Dell Mini 10v, arrived 3 days ago.. it functioned perfect till today.
Today i tried to use the netbook only on battery, it was at 100% when i unplugged it from AC. When it reached 3%, 2,5 hours after, i plugged it again.. but now it´s not charging.. the battery meter always says 0% - battery status charging (your battery is operating normaly). The disable charging is off. I´ve tried everything, restarting, removing the battery several times, i don´t know what else to do!! anyone had the same problem?? I´m stuck..
  (#2) Old
Default 10-02-2009, 01:51 AM

Do you have a buddy with a spare battery you can test in it? That will tell you if the issue is your battery or the mobo.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-20-2009, 06:39 AM

i canot believe that dell laptop could have this problem. are you sure you have the real DELL? you can call the dell shop for a test.

focus on the battery development.
  (#4) Old
Default 10-26-2009, 09:29 PM

Hey, first post here. My Mini 10 did the same thing. Dell's useless customer support was able to help for once. They said it was a known issue (then why not fix it?) and directed me to airplane mode. I had to enable then disable airplane mode then the problem went away. That was on Ubuntu 8.04.

« Retail Windows 7 install fails | external monitor works with win7, but not os-x »