Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Max_Carnage View Post
Just follow these instructions, but substitute the A05 BIOS updater for the A04 one.
Downgrade your Mini 10v BIOS to A04 (Requires Windows)

What? You don't have A05 BIOS? Well why are you asking for install instructions then?

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Here's all the available Dell BIOS updaters. Use only if you know what you're doing. - /bios/
A05 for the Dell Mini 10v (1011) is not listed there.

I've also checked the Dell support site but they only have A04.
  (#12) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 03:37 AM

Q1] Why are you asking for instructions to downgrade to A05 if you don't have A05 bios?

Q2] Why downgrade at all?

Q3] Assuming you can have a considered and coherent answer to Q2, can you provide an logically internally-consistent reason will downgrading to A05 (which is not available) does, but downgrading to A04 (which is available) does not provide the ends you seek?

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.1 | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | 1510 Wifi | BIOS A04 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: ON | OEM BT 2.0: ON | NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC3

(#13) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 06:19 AM

1) I was asking how to downgrade to A05 thinking someone would offer some comprehensive assistance, such as - "Download A05 BIOS from this link and install it by doing this..." Sorry it wasn't perceived that way. I wasn't aware it would be such an issue... :/

2) From everything I've read - which is quite a ****ing lot - converting a 10v to OSX requires that the BIOS be below A06. There is one guide here which walks users through installing OSX with A06 already on the 10v but they must already own a Mac, which I don't.

3) Again, according to everything I've read, A05 is cleaner and fixes several of the frequent issues which occur when using A04.

Anyhow, it's done now. This can be closed.

« Mini 10v Carry Case | Got my mini 10v today »