Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default OC CPU and Video. Possible and worth it? - 09-09-2009, 04:06 AM

Just wondering if the 10v can be OC'd at all. My main rig has an AMD on board HDMI chipset which I have a 90% OC on running smoothly and 512 MB of shared memory. This actually pretty safe and common for the ASRocks board I am running.

I am also running an AMD Dual Core Black Edition, so they dont OC all that well (This one at least) but, since its a quad core, I can always unlock the cores and see how stable they are. I dont have any temp problems and its got more than adequate cooling.

Now with that board and chip, my multipliers and clock speed are both unlocked so I can make many tweaks.

Anyway, based on design, and bios limitations, is it even worth to try and pull any more juice out of this thing? Will the heat be too much? Is it even possible? It doesn't look like it is from the bios, but maybe with software in the OS I can do it.

(#2) Old
Default 09-09-2009, 02:49 PM

ive been around OCing computers for a while.

the bottom line if you wish to sell it in a year or two, OC it.

« software-suggestions for Dell netbooks (9,10,10v,....) | Performance difference between 16GB SSD vs 120GB HDD? »