Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Programmes on my screen!! Problem!!! - 09-06-2009, 11:02 AM

I got my Dell Mini !0v yesterday and the one thing that has annoyed me is that not all the programes fit onto the screen, so when I want to press "accept" on something I cant! Can anyone help?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM

I don't experience this with UNR and maximus. What OS do you have?
  (#3) Old
Default 09-06-2009, 12:08 PM

i havnt! i have windows xp!
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Default 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by franplumm View Post
i havnt! i have windows xp!
OS stands for 'Operating System', which is what Windoes XP is... your computer won't run at all without one!

The alternative is Ubuntu, which is a Linux based system, and which has a good following on here also.

... and of course a lot of Mini 10v owners has turned theirs into a 'Mac'... but that's another story altogether.

None of the above of course help with your initial question, but this isn't usually a problem under Windows as most programs automatically adjust the visible size of their display to fit the screen resolution available... you haven't by any chance changed your default screen resolution have you?

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#5) Old
Default 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM

I have changed the resolution to 800x600 but that didnt change it, it just made it less wide! Any idea on how to fix it?
  (#6) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 09-06-2009, 08:26 PM

You don't. You have to get around it somehow. If the applications won't run in 1024x600, they won't run. You could use an external monitor if it's just to get through installation.

Getting an iPad
  (#7) Old
Default 09-07-2009, 01:49 AM

Actually I experienced the same problem. Its a horrible design flaw. The easiest way around this is to install OSX
  (#8) Old
Default 09-07-2009, 05:47 AM

Even the Wifi manager doesn't fit to x600 in XP. Have to just hit Enter when it says "Ready to connect"

Horrible design flaw on Dell's part.
  (#9) Old
Default 09-07-2009, 07:58 AM

I think, Windows XP wasn't designed for a resolution like 1024x600. I deleted it only after 5 minutes, because of not fitting windows and buttons I could not click.

But the main problem is, that the programmers of applications also didn't think about a screen size like that. Most of the windows are fixed and you can't resize them.

I don't know anything about OS/X, but I tried some Linux distributions that were specially designed for netbooks and I haven't had any problems like with Windows XP.

Sorry for my bad english - It has been a long time ago since I learned it at school...
  (#10) Old
Default 09-07-2009, 09:13 AM

You will need to change the DPI to 96.
Right click on your desktop
Select "Settings"
Click "Advanced"
Make sure "Normal Size (96 DPI) is selected.
You may need to reboot.

« Dell Mini 10v Signature Required? | Using a Dell 10v with a French internet Key »