Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Mini brand new with black screen - 08-19-2009, 07:53 PM

I just unpacked my mini 10v, plugged it in and turned it on as per instructions, it started to load windows, I made it through the time zone and country setting but when I got to the user agreement and clicked yes, it went to some sort of error screen and shut down, it the rebooted saying that some sort of error occured and it would restart in normal mode in 12 seconds, I let it count down and the screen went black.

I turned it off and back on, still black. I removed the battery, still black.

Any Ideas????
  (#2) Old
Default 08-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Good luck dealing with D(SM)ELL. I have a issue with them right now. I only have had the damn thing a week. I had lines in the screen and they sent out someone to replace the screen. Well they sent me a replacement screen which to begin with was refurbished. And it was not the HD screen that I had ordered with the MINI10. Well after the guy fixed it and left I turned it on and low and behold I could only go to 1024!! And it is loose! There is no pressure on the hinge for about a inch, enough to wake the computer, And in my backpack I don't want to risk it opening and turning on. I quickly called dell and there response was. "We sent you that screen because the HD display was not in stock, and we didn't want to leave you without a screen." That is a bunch of BS because I said that my screen was usable when I complained. I would rather have a screen with a line in it but higher resolution then one I cant even use my GPS program with. Worst part about it is they wouldn't even give me anything for my troubles. I think im gonna keep the screen after they replace it and sell it on ebay as a payment for screwing me over.

« hard drive upgrade question | xp pro installed and running, too late to partion for mac os-x install? »