Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#21) Old
Default 02-01-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by phild View Post
Thanks, i've checked the battery retainer clips and reseated the battery. I actually solved it, temporarily atleast, but placing two heavy books (anatomy and chemistry, i've finally found better uses for them!) on top of it for an afternoon. Although once it heats up again and I use it in bed on my lap, it seems to warp again. It's probably about 1/8" but when you use it on a flat surface (like a desk..) it is annoying.

I haven't opened it, and it should still be under warranty. I shudder to think of it going away but I might just have to.
Seems weird, no? I've never had a 'warped' laptop.
If you are really using this in bed, and setting the bottom of the computer on the bedding, this is a pretty good way to overheat it. If you're working in bed, I'd suggest setting it on something hard that allows there to be some space under it.

Also, it's probably not the hard drive (left-hand side bottom), and more likely to be the motherboard (right-hand side bottom, in front). So far it is proving to be a touch warm for me, butg not too bad after a few hours.

« Remotely control my 10V for presentations? | Anyone bought dell's refurbished 10v? »