Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default "Upgrade" from SSD not working - 08-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Hello all,

I replaced my functioning 16GB SSD with a WD Scorpio Blue HD and can't boot. I used CCC to clone the SSD disk to the WD drive then swaped them.

If I boot using the SSD in an attached enclosure it looks like everything on the WD is set right.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I go right to the PXE boot with a NO OS found error.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-14-2009, 08:35 AM

I am not familiar with CCC but maybe it didn't create the MBR when you cloned the SSD. You can try a couple of things:

1. First run your Windows installer and try and get it to repair the installation - this works well in Windows Vista and 7 - if you have XP it may not work as well.

2. Next you could try and reinstall your Windows OS from scratch onto the HDD - this will recreate the correct MBR on the disk - once it is in the middle of installing you should be able to stop and then clone your SSD again - you should now have the correct MBR and the correct copy of your data on the HDD.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 08-14-2009, 09:04 AM

I think Recoil is using OS X, rather than Windows.

White Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.8 | 2Gb RAM | 32Gb Runcore SSD | 16Gb Class 4 SDHC

« Looking for information from people who know best :) | Dell UK outlet specs: 600 or 576 px? »