Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Question Re-Install OSX with External DVD - 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM

So I had OSX working perfectly on my Dell mini for a day or two until I attempted to perform a software upgrade. Now after the Apple load screen finishes, it displays a distorted, tiled version of the Apple logo and gives me a movable cursor. After that, I figured I was screwed and would just go back and reinstall. But now I'm having trouble booting from my external DVD drive apparently because of DellEFI (Or that bootloader that shows up at boot). I tried booting the external from a DellMiniBoot123v8 (02b1) bootable USB, but it appears that the drive just is not recognized by the system.

So what I'm asking is how I can boot back into the OSX installer or patch the update. Also, I'm wanting to install a dual boot with Ubuntu after this gets fixed up in case that would alter any of the steps I should take.

Here's everything that I used that worked the first time around:
Dell Mini 10v
DellMiniBoot123v8.02b1 (DVD)
Retail Leopard (DVD)
LG 20X Super Multi DVD Rewriter
  (#2) Old
Default 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me how I can boot from the USB DVD drive to again.

Thank you

« UNR mic patch | Mini 10v XP One day sale $319! »