Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala - How compatible? - 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM

I've been playing with today's daily build Alpha of Karmic Netbook Remix in Virtualbox (I haven't received my 10v yet ) It seems quite stable for an Alpha! but they've still not got maximiser to remember un-maximised windows but if it gets annoying there's a nice button in settings to switch back to standard desktop mode - which is nice

Anyhoo - Has anyone tried it for real on their 10/10v's? do we now have internal microphone support and a properly working touchpad from the off?

I really want to bin the Dellbuntu the second both my 10v's get delivered but dont want to have to do without a feature I know i will use.

(#2) Old
Default 07-23-2009, 08:26 PM

Nice thing is at least you can do a live run to see if it works for the most part before installing it.

Mini 9 / 32GB Runcore / 2 GB HyperX / Bluetooth / Internal SDHC / Win 7 Premium / Ubuntu 9.04
Mini 10v / 16GB SSD / 2 GB / 1024x600 / Intel 5300 / Bluetooth / Webcam / Win 7 Premium
Latitude E6500 / Intel T9800 / 4GB HyperX / Nvidia NVS 160M / LG WUXGA / Intel 5300 / 410 BT w/UWB / Webcam / Fingerprint Reader / Backlit keyboard / 9 cell / XP Pro/Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM

this is true - but if anything needs proprietry drivers (like Nvidia chipsets for example) they wont work in the live version, but immediately get detected and installed when you install it. it's been the case for years with every ubuntu version on my mini server which has an onboard nvidia gfx/audio chipset

I might just risk it and take the plunge

« Windows 7 on the 10V - with 1GB RAM? | 10v with OSX ann music with lid close? »