Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Need my mini in before the 31st....does dell always wait 7 days to build/ship? - 07-22-2009, 03:02 AM

So I need by mini 10v before the 31st. The projected ship date is the 30th! Is it at all possible that dell could ship it before the projected 7 day build period to ship it? Any chance of me getting it before the 31st?

p.s. - i'm paying for overnight delivery
  (#2) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 03:40 AM

I ordered my Mini on the 18th and it is projected to be here on the 29th. I paid for next day shipping, but that is still 10 days for building. If you consider that I ordered on a Saturday, it is 8 business days. A few people on here have said that the shipping estimates have been long, although I think this is dependent on the configuration. You could always order one of the 'Fast-Track' configurations and have it ship ASAP since they are pre-built.

10v Atom N280 120 GB HD 1 GB RAM 6 Cell Battery Obsidian Black
  (#3) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 04:16 AM

If you order from the Dell outlet, you'll get it fast, since it's already built and ready to go. I ordered one last Thursday and it got here on Saturday.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 08:41 PM

or there is an option on dell to do "fast track".

The first time I ordered my mini 10v they said it would come on the 31st....then I called them and canceled the order and re-ordered for the same price from the "fast track" and paid for next day shipping and two days later I have my computer.

Your only going to be able to get the standard build computer and no add-on's but if you cool with that its totally worth it.
  (#5) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 09:53 PM

i've ordered a lot of pc's from dell for my former company, and had 2 rules when dealing with dell: 1) if on a deadline, order from someone else. i'm not kidding. 2) if they start to screw it up, cancel the order. there is no hope they'll get it straightened out.

they do many things well, and if you want a vanilla machine that arrives whenever they're damn good and ready, then you're going to get a good deal. even if they say they'll meet a deadline, they won't. i began to suspect that internal checking on the order slowed it down somehow.

i ordered a base model, previously ordered 10v from the outlet, and it arrived a week later.

« Webcam not working | Mini 10v Questions »