Originally Posted by vorador
How do you backup a PC bios? My 10v came with it but I am a Mac guy...
This is what I did..
1. I ran the BEARAOx.exe (depends on your BIOS).
It then forces you to install it to a temp location. Mine was C:Windows\Temp\Winphlash
2. Before hitting start, I opened explorer to that location and cleaned out any files.
3. I then hit start. You have to be very quick but as soon as the WinPhlash folder gets created, click on it. This will prevent it from clearing out when done.
4. The program will go through the motions of trying to update. When done, grab the newly created WINPHLASH folder and copy it to say, your desktop.
5. Then run the WINPHLASH.exe. You will now have full control over the App.
6. Select "Backup" and name your file.
It will create a file *.BAK.
If you want to use it to flash your BIOS, rename it to *.ROM
I would post my A05, but I DO NOT want to be held responsible for anything.
I dont see any difference over the A04 that is running on my wife's machine.
Sorry folks, but I hope my WINPHLASH tip helps some of you.