Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default 10v Ram and Mac Question - 07-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Alright, so i made my decision and im getting a hackintosh, but before i do that, i need to know, what type of ram does it need? normal notebook ddr2 ram?

and i do not have a copy of 10.5.0 laying around, but i do have 10.5.7 that came with my Macbook Pro, would that work or do i need to go out and buy a copy of 10.5.0.

(#2) Old
Default 07-15-2009, 02:44 PM

You cannot use an OEM copy that came with a Mac, since it is designed for that Mac model and that one only.

The 10v uses standard 533/677MHz DDR2 SO-DIMMs, but the design of the chassis requires almost a complete deconstruction of the netbook just to get to the RAM (it is the opposite of your Unibody MBP, since the motherboard is screwed into the bottom shell of the Mini 10v unlike the MBP, where the mobo is attached to the keyboard). Before you buy a new stick of RAM, watch the myriad tutorials on YouTube to get a sense of the scale of the upgrade.

« Dell Trade in Program = Cheap mini | WiFi antennae in the 10v »