Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Booting OS X from an SD card? - 07-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Is it possible to boot Mac OS X from an SD card because i dont have any 8GB or larger Thumb-drives laying around.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Supposed to work. Let us know your results. I want to try my install of Snow Leopard with SDHC so I don't hose my mini install.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM

my understanding (from another thread here) is that A03 or above bios ug permits booting off of sd card. i haven't been able to confirm that yet personally, but that would be the first thing to look into as i see it.

the other thing is some folks have had problems with sdhc cards working with osx. supposedly this is supported, but i've seen some comments here regarding that.

you might also bear in mind that transfer rates on sd are quite a bit slower than usb 2.0. you can look at the charts on wikipedia if you want to know more. this may not be a concern for you, but were it me this would be an unacceptable trade off.

« hardware issues with OSX | Funny things about the 10V »