Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Default 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Yes I have had this problem with several different Dell laptops that use the Realtek SD card driver. All have had issues with the default driver installed by Windows 7 RTM. What worked for me was uninstalling the Realtek driver (under USB in the Device Manager) - you may need to reboot before being able to uninstall the driver. After uninstallation is successful then reboot your laptop and then download and install the Windows 7 driver from the Dell support website for your specific laptop model. Now insert an SD card and it should install the driver - it should now work fine.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11-11-2009, 03:37 PM

Hi Answerman, and welcome to MyDellMini!

Bearing mind that this post was first started over four months ago, well before the final version of Windows 7 was available, there are obviously later versions of most necessary drivers now available.

Although you say that you had the same problem, was that possibly with a pre-release version?

As you probably realise, evem after a brand new Windows 7 installation, followed by the essential Microsoft updates, it is also necessary to install the JMicron drivers, which can be found on the Dell driver update page for Windows 7 appropriate to your particular model, to satisfy Device Manager, in so far as the card reader is concerned.

It may well be that the solution you mention will help some users, but I would personally recommend that they try out the more standard line of approach first. I find it quite encouraging however that Dell do seem to have been quicker than some other Netbook manufactures in publishing Windows 7 driver updates, especially for components such as wi-fi cards etc.... and there are also some new Realtek ones on there as well!

Edit: I hadn't read brookheather's reply when I wrote this!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« What copy of SL do i buy. | Dual boot do I have to reinstall Windows 7 »