Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default Is the Gizmodo tut. still relevant. - 06-30-2009, 12:27 AM

Can I apply the Dell Mini 9 OSX tutorial on the Mini 10v? Or is there differences.

And would the Apple Earbuds/Mic work? Because there is no fix for the internal mic not working, right?
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to dad2ways
Default 06-30-2009, 05:11 AM

I have used this tutorial for both the Mini 9 and 10v. Both worked the same with the exception that the setup screens for OS X were beyond the bottom of the screen. I had to experiment with using the tab key and the space bar until I finally got the installation on the go.

When you first boot the 10v in OS X it will only let you see 640x480, but once you finish the Engadget tutorial steps you will be up to 1024x576 instead of the 1024x600 that I have on the 9;

Also you have to download a different sound driver. So far, everything is working except the internal microphone. The side jacks work just fine. The 9 has a better amplifier.

Both the 9 and 10v install from a non-modified retail OS X installation DVD and work with standard upgrades from Apple. So far I haven't found any software that doesn't require a dual core processor that won't install on either unit. The keyboard size and layout is much better on the 10v.

I am still looking for a better sound driver for the 10v. Other than that I am happy for the slightly larger size and bigger hard drive. This next week I am going to order a RAM upgrade and Bluetooth. I just added Bluetooth to my Mini 9 this last weekend and it all went swimmingly.

I am satisfied with handing down the Mini 9 to my wife and stepping up to the 10v.

« Help Choosing? | Dell Mini10v Wall Wart Power Adapter »