Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old
Default I want to dual boot xp and OSX but... - 06-29-2009, 10:44 PM

I want to dual boot xp and OSX but all the guides I can see only have the xp set to FAT32 format which I know won't work for me as I have large files I need on my machine. Is it possible to dual boot xp(NTFS) and OSX or do you have to always use FAT32 for xp for some reason?
  (#2) Old
Default 06-30-2009, 12:23 AM

On my dual boot Mini 9, I've always used NTFS for my Windows partitions (first XP now Win7).
  (#3) Old
Default 07-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Not a mac person, but know my partition schemes. Yes it is possible. I'm not sure what type of filesystem mac uses, i'm assuming they wanting you to use fat32 so that you could access your files from the mac's os. Stick to ntfs fat32 should only be used on small storage cards or old operating systems as it does not support files larger than 4GB. I have xp, ubuntu, and back|track all running on mine. xp is formatted in ntfs the other two in ext3; using a special driver I am even able to get windows to read/write to the ext3 partitions
  (#4) Old
Default 07-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Hey slayer537,

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did you get packet injection working on backtrack ? Which version of backtrack are you using ?
  (#5) Old
Default 07-03-2009, 05:08 PM

you just need to format the disk with a windows partition, a mac extended journal partition, and a small fat32 partition where you put your working files that can be accessed by both o/s's. install winbloze on the ntfs partion, mac on it's partition, and then be sure to save all files you want to use on both on the fat32. i'm pretty sure that osx can read but not write to ntfs.

« Bios - to flash or not to flash.... | 48 Hour Sale on UK Mini 10v »