Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default facetime 1.0.5 credential issue and changing serial number - 05-02-2016, 03:15 PM

Recently, I dusted off my old mini10v running 10.6.8. I attempted to run Facetime, but while it accepted my appleID and password, it came back with the message "this registering device does not have appropriate credentials" and wouldn't log me in.

Looking on the web, there were other non-Hackintosh users that had similar problems, but solutions to their problems (killall imagent, removing plists, etc.) didn't work for me.

One other solution that looked interesting was the serial number. I'm not sure if the mini10v's serial number is something that Apple's Facetime is not accepting or not, but does anyone know how I can change it so that I can eliminate that a as problem.

Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-02-2016, 06:29 PM

try removing and reinstalling the program.
most of the times this solves the problem.

dell mini 910
supertalent dual wide ssd 128GB
2GB ddr2 400mhz ram
Realtek RTL8188SU
(not the 3G version)
hdd cooler as extra cooling
  (#3) Old

Default 05-03-2016, 02:36 PM

The facetime 1.0.5 application is on the Apple AppStore, although it doesn't show up in my purchases. I figure it must have been loaded to the system as part of the upgrade process from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.

I tried to redownload it, but the AppStore indicates it's already installed.

How do I remove it?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-03-2016, 06:29 PM

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18752...ewlocale=en_US

if the app fails to uninstall, you might consider doing a clean instal of OSX

dell mini 910
supertalent dual wide ssd 128GB
2GB ddr2 400mhz ram
Realtek RTL8188SU
(not the 3G version)
hdd cooler as extra cooling
  (#5) Old

Default 05-05-2016, 12:02 AM

Launchpad doesn't exist on 10.6.8 systems so I couldn't use that to remove the facetime app in the first place.

Reinstalling the 10.6.8 OS on a mini10V was extremely difficult the first time around. I really don't want to go through that again, especially since the 10.6.8 mini10v works well for the most part. I could always use Skype instead of Facetime if need be.

I was really hoping someone might chime in about changing the serial number. Based upon some information on the web (not always reliable), Apple may actually be checking the serial number for validity with respect to facetime, which might be causing the credentials error.

Has anyone got facetime 1.0.5 working on a mini10v 10.6.8 system?

« Strange Error with Optional Installs. Thoughts? | Install SSD in Triple Boot Hackintosh ? »