Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Struggling - 12-08-2015, 08:47 PM

I successfully installed Snow Leopard on a 1011 a few years ago, I've just bought another and can I hell as like get started..

I've followed as many guides as I can and still struggle.

I've tried using an NBI image with transmac (no access to mac) with various different sizes and makes of USB stick, but on boot all I se is two drives listed - one is blank that displays 'no loader' if selected - the other says 'OS' and boots to windows...

must be doing something wrong somewhere....

(#2) Old
Default 03-12-2016, 03:25 PM

I had similar problems. I found that I had to format the HDD (ie remove Windows OS) and then it installed OK.

But there are other guides for dual booting. Try these first perhaps as I am a beginner like you !
  (#3) Old
Default 04-22-2016, 08:01 PM

Your best bet is going to be using Disk Utility (on a Mac) to format the USB stick.

Just format the USB stick to Master Boot Record. You are going to then need the Snow Leopard install disk, which I'm hoping you already have a .dmg for? Once you get that go back into Disk Utility and select the USB stick, hit the Restore tab, and then source is the .dmg and destination is the USB stick.

After 1 - 2 hours, run Netbook Bootmaker 0.8.4 RC1 and 30 minutes later your USB stick is done.

The rest of the process is summarized pretty good here:

Good luck! BTW I am typing this from my Mini 10v, still going strong 6 years later!

[Dell Mini 10v (1011) White--BIOS A06--NBBM Ver.0.8.4--10.6.3 Retail Disk--Mac OSX SL Ver. 10.6.8--128 GB Intel SSD--2GB of RAM--6 Cell Battery]

« SSD Conversion | Strange Error with Optional Installs. Thoughts? »