Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default help lost admin password - 02-24-2012, 12:42 AM

The admin account got deleted and I cannot get command S to work on my 10v with OSX. Any ideas. The bios is locked. Holding C button does not work either.

Last edited by Eddie Estes; 02-24-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: new info
  (#2) Old
Default 03-10-2012, 01:51 AM

You might try booting off your install USB drive, as if you were going to do a OS install, and using the file menu's Tools/Reset Admin Password-

It's *possible* that the admin user still exists, as default "delete user" normally inactivates the account but saves the files for it. If so, you could re-set the admin password, reboot and log into your non-admin account still up & operational, and create a new user in SysPref/Accounts using the new re-set password when it demands an admin pw.

If you didn't really lose the password, but just deleted the account, you might try using Terminal in your regular/working account rather than trying to boot into single-user mode.

Mini 10v  |OS X 10.6.7 |1.6GHz Atom N270 | 2GB RAM |250GB HD, 7200rpm| BIOS A06 |NBI ...351| 802.11n | BT |6 cell battery

« My story: Triple Boot Windows 7, 8 and Snow Leopard (mini 10v) | Mini 10v Webcam Issues »