Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default AppleIntelGMA950.kext not working - 02-09-2012, 04:35 AM

Hello everyone.

I'm having an annoying problem with my Dell mini 1011. I have bios A04, The N270, and using NBI 0.8.5pre. After the OSX 10.6 install, I run NBI 0.8.5pre, wait forever for it to generate extensions or something. And then it asks for my password, then reboot afterwards.

Under verbose mode I see this:

Patching AppleIntelGMA960.kext
Deflated result is 0, in: 358268 bytes, out: 129561 bytes, full: 358268
ERROR: Unable to compress patched kext, not enough room.
Press a key to continue...

Patching Appleintegratedbuffer (or something, It went by too fast)

After pressing a button, it all loads fine. HOWEVER, the graphics are not enabled. I have reinstalled and reinstalled that damn NBI thing a 1000 times and got the same result (Insanity... right?). Below are forum posts that are similar... but just don't seem to resolve this issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-09-2012, 06:49 AM

Wow, BIG thanks to underwhelmed for this response (I don't see his original post, though):

"Did you run NBI Pre immediately after finishing your OS X install and before rebooting?

I tried Pre, it hosed my working mini 9 so I went back to 0.8.4 RC1 for installs and 351 to update past 10.6.3."

I placed 0.8.4 RC1 onto my flash (which had actually had 0.8.5pre on it first) and reinstalled... EVERYTHING worked perfectly.

I can't believe it, this thing was a POS a few minutes ago and now works flawlessly. I'm surprised that NO ONE else has posted (or if they have, I didn't find it easily!)

This is perfect. Thank you so much, underwhelmed!
  (#3) Old
Default 02-11-2012, 11:09 AM

I am finding my mini 10v very slow as well after installing OS X (via mechdrews guide). I notice somebody else's post has been removed or something, so could you be a bit more specific on the steps you took to resolve this issue?

(#4) Old
Default 02-11-2012, 11:42 PM

So the question is, What NBI are you using?

I originally had the BIOS A06 and used NBI 0.8.5pre. I thought having BIOS A06 was causing issues... so I downgraded to A04.

I reinstalled the OS (10.6.0) using NBI 0.8.5pre. After reinstalling, I ran NBI 0.8.5pre and let it do its thing. Sound worked afterwards. Great, but if you start up the computer using "-v" you'll notice that it actually doesn't install the video card drivers properly.

So, eventually I made this thread. underwhelmed posted that I use a different NBI, specifically: NBI 0.8.4 RC1. I downloaded it, and installed that to the same USB drive that originally had NBI 0.8.5pre, thus overriding that NBI with an older version.

I then proceeded to reinstall the OS again!

This time, I actually got that "Welcome" intro video upon finishing installation, which I never saw before. Then everything just worked... WAY faster than before. There was really nothing else to it. I believe that I also ran Netbookinstaller, that was within utilities of my fresh OS install.

I really do not understand why less people are having this issue, I've been noticing a few people claiming its slower but they never got any good responses...

Hope that helps!

Definitely make sure that, when in dashboard, when you drop a new widget in, that you get the ripple effect, AND also make sure that the top menubar is translucent!

Good luck!

dell mini 1011, graphics

« Unstable sound | 10.6.8 - Sound not working »