Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Reinstalling Mac OS X 10.6 On Dell 10v - 02-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Hi there,

I've looked quite a bit on the site (but I am new) and I haven't seen anyone who simply wanted to reinstall OS X 10.6 on their already, Hackintoshed Dell Mini 10V.

What happened so far was simply this:

I attempted to install Pro Tools Essential M-Audio. It didn't like it. I noticed that the boot screen used to be the Dell Symbol then the Apple screen, now it shows like a PC booting (where you see the processor info and all that jazz), then the Apple screen, and it takes a lot longer to load. It still works, and everything is fine but for a good while it wouldn't start.

Not sure what the issue is. I just wanted to reinstall Snow Leopard again to eliminant any issues that may have occurred. I don't see a guide to do that, most are from obviously the Windows 7 or XP vein. If you could point me in the direction that'd be great, thank you!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Firstly, when you mini boots press F2 to get into your bios, use the right arrow key to select advanced and then set Boot time diagnostic screen to disabled and quick boot to enabled. go across to exit, save and reboot.
Then I would try to uninstall pro tools and see if it speeds up again.
If your bios keeps resetting it is either the battery on the motherboard or osx resetting it. try reinstalling NBI351 and see if that stops the bios resetting.
There are plenty of guides on here to tell you how to reinstall osx.

Dell inspiron mini 1011
Ubuntu 13.04

« installing software on snow leopard on dell mini 10v | No Hard Drive Recognized on Install »