Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Boot0:error with SL 10.6.3 disc / Airport Card not Installed - 01-30-2012, 07:09 PM

I recently purchased a Dell Mini 10v along with official Snow Leopard 10.6.3 disc. The mini came installed with OSX fully functioning, however within a few days and with no apparent reason the Wireless stopped working - 'No airport card installed' appeared.

My problem is twofold:

#1 I have tried all that I've seen online to fix the issue (run NBI again, BIOS disable/enable etc.) but it still won't work. It also isn't recognised in Ubuntu. Does anyone have any advice?

#2 In an attempt to reinstall OSX in the hope that would help, I plugged my external DVD reader into the netbook and booted the disc, ensuring all the appropriate bios settings were active. The disc does not boot - I immediately get a boot0: error. Can anyone shed light on how to solve this?

« Hackintosh display on LCD TV w/out VGA? | 10.6.8 (patched kernel's method) - SIP & IPTV problems »