Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Am I confused, or is my 10v not hibernating correctly? - 11-24-2011, 12:54 AM

Hi all,

Great community you have here! Been very helpful since I got my 10v last week. Now running 10.6.7 with the app store, and got iPhoto and Office 11 all updated fully, with no problems! Reluctant to update iTunes though!

Anyway. I fiddled in the terminal, setting the hibernate mode to 3... I also had hibernation enabled in NBI. I'm on the A05 BIOS, with legacy USB disabled, and bluetooth disabled.

When I put the laptop to sleep, from the finder menu, the machine goes off, and the light pulses... When I open the lid and tap the power button, it comes on INSTANTLY. Is this true hibernation, or just light sleeping? It's the same when I just close the lid too...

When I do the above, but remove the battery once the machine has powered down, and the light is pulsing, when battery put back in, lid open, power button tapped, the netbook wakes to a grey screen, with my OSX session behind it. The bar fills up, and boom, back to my old session.

My question is, should it not do the above all the time, now set to mode 3, instead of just when I remove the battery, and reinsert? Have I set the wrong mode? I often leave the netbook for a day or two, and don't like the battery drain of sleep... I'd like to be able to hibernate it fully on just closing the lid/sleeping via the finder menu.

On a sidenote, is there a way to make the netbook wake up from sleep/hibernate upon opening the lid? Is there a lidwake command I have seen online somewhere? If so, which mode should I set?

Thanks in advance,

(#2) Old
Default 11-28-2011, 12:06 AM

Some pointers would be great!

(#3) Old
Default 11-29-2011, 02:37 AM

I can't answer your question but I can give you a link to another hibernation thread (in case you haven't seen it already).

Is Hibernation actually possible?

« Dual boot loads Win7 but shuts off during Mac boot | Kernel-mismatch cpu »