Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NBI Unsupported Device? - 11-13-2011, 06:08 AM

Hey guys, I've just installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 from a Snow Leapord retail disk onto my Dell Mini 10v.

After running setup, I tried to run the newest version of the NBI and it provided an error message for me:

"Unsupported Device
You are running this application on an unsupported device. Are you sure you want to continue?"
(By the way, I tried to run it afterwards and install the general extensions, it made the system unbootable)

Some useful points to hopefully give you guys a solid direction and answer the common questions:
- The Mac OS X 10.6.3 system was installed from a 16GB SanDisk drive that was prepared on a 2011 MacBook Pro and the newest version of NBI.

- The video, USB, keyboard, and trackpad are working fine, the system boots without a problem. But sound, Wifi, and the NIC card are not functioning.

- While installing, the Mac OS X setup wizard has no issue using the wifi card (I successfully connected to my wifi hotspot while installing), but after install there is no wifi.

- The Bottom of my case simply reads "Dell Inspiron Mini 10" on the label and the BIOS reports my device as a Mini 1011, I am running Bios revision A04 and I have an Atom N270 CPU, so I'm PRETTY sure it's a 10v (Purchased it second hand)

- I've already tried restarting and reinstalling the OS, same result every time.

Is there anything I can do to force NBI to detect a Dell Mini 10v? Is there a solution I'm not thinking of? Maybe if I install Mac OS X 10.5 then upgrade? I'm out of ideas here, any help please?
  (#2) Old
Default 11-14-2011, 07:47 AM

First of all a good way to find out whether you have the mini 10 vs the 10v is to look at your right side ports. Do you have HDMI slot or VGA connector? The 1010 has the HDMI port. I also believe another difference would be the LCD, the 1010 is one flat piece covering the 10.1 screen while the 1011 has a front trim bezeled screen similar to the mini 9

I have OSX 10.6.7 installed and used NBI 20100616212351, aka NBI Special vs nbi 0.8.5pre. When you boot up run the NBI 351 and deselect everything but "install dell mini 10v extensions" then reboot. Audio, Wifi, and the NIC card should then be functioning

My Audio, Wifi, and the NIC card are functioning except for bluetooth which I can not turn off.

Hope this helps you. Good Luck

« Problems With OSX Mail | Dual boot HD backup »