Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Help!!osx installation hard drive - 10-05-2011, 12:36 AM

I need help badly on installing mac osx on my dell mini 10v. I use the mac method with one usb . That would work fine and boot would work fine. But when i get to the disk utilities. the installation could not find or recognized the hard disk. My hard disk it the regular 160gb hdd.(Stupid me) I try to delete the whole hard drive in windows xp and when i boot back to osx installation i got nothing again.Now im stuck with nothing,so my options is to use my external hard drive.I NEED HELP
  (#2) Old
Default 10-05-2011, 04:24 AM

If you have windows 7 installer, boot on to it, use diskpart to repartition the hard drive; hit shift+f10 (or shift+fn+f10) on the language selecting screen, then you get cmd window, type the following commands (each line is one command, and hit enter after typing each command, and wait till the command get executed whether there is a progress seen or not):
sel disk 0
convert gpt
create partition primary

Reboot on to the os x installer and see if the hard drive is seen by the disk utilities, then you can repartition and reformat the hard drive as you need.

« Upgrade 10.6.1 to 10.6.8? | Mac OS 10.6.8 issues »