Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default No snow leopard for me - 09-16-2011, 04:57 AM

I have been triying a lot installing snow leopard on my Inspiron 1011. Leopard runs well but i would like to install snow one.
I have tried iboot legacy, and also the gizmondo guide, sometimes it boots and installs the retail OS, but hangs at booting process, most of the times it doesnt see the retail disc and says kernel missmach using 0.83 version of netbook maker bootable USB.
Sometimes i see a grey screen, other the mouse thinking, and when it installs using the iatkos 10.63v2 it doesn´t pass the booting proccess asking for a keyboard or hanging with the circle moving

Also in leopard instalation i have no open GL support

Last edited by resistor; 09-16-2011 at 05:03 AM.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-16-2011, 05:59 AM

Sounds like you have a bad DVD/USB. I followed mechdrew's guide for installing everything from USB.

I had some problems with Kernel panics and hanging installs/boots which I narrowed down to a bad write of the iso/img files to my USB drives...I don't know how you're doing it but I used the good old 'dd' command to make my USB flash drives. Maybe this can help some.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM

I will give another try, what is dd comand, a linux comand to copy the img to the usb, do i need an img or to make an iso from my snow leopard installation DVD in order to copy it to usb?

When i try to boot the second usb from NBI_083F.img in a pendrive it boots but says cant find mach kernel when i try to boot from an sd card with the macos on it, y try too from an usb reader and a 16GB pendrive, gona try the dd

I have tried the dd comand on the usb that uses to boot with the image burned with Image Writer for Windows and now it doesnt boot.

Time to go to work, i will try tomorrow or later at night

I have burned the retail img and NBI_083F.img with transmac and it says no kernel mach when booting from NBI_083F.img nowadays the 2 pendrives are recognisez by leopard and if I run NBI_083F.img into Snow leopard installation pendrive, it doesn´t boot.

When i run NBI_083F.img in Leopard it doesn´t sows my computer model (Inspiron 1011)

On MSDOS run from windows i get the following error

G:\>dd bs=1M if=G:\NBI_083F.img of=\\.\Volume{56d047c2-db7d-11e0-bff2-00138f7f4a
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.5.
Written by John Newbigin <>
This program is covered by the GPL. See copying.txt for details
Error writing file: 87 the parameter is not correct
48+0 records in
47+0 records out

I will try another pendrive

Last edited by resistor; 09-17-2011 at 06:07 AM.

dell mini 10v, installation help, snow leaopard

« Reinstalling OSX, unseen Hard Drive | Mac OS X/Windows 7 Boot Issue. Can you Help Me? »