Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Moved HDD to a new dell mini, booting problems...:( - 09-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Moved the HDD from my old dell mini 10v A05 bios into a 10v nick edition w/ A06 bios.

After remaking a syslinux dellminiboot USB, i can now start to load the osx partition...

I load with a -v from the syslinux prompt that lets me read lines of text of what's loading/going on and not working etc...

I am running into two problems sepcifically...

1)configd[14]: FIXME: IOUnserialize has detected a string that is not valid UTF-8, "�SMB012".

^The above error happens with the battery in.

google had this to say:
FIXME: IOUnserialize has detected a string that is not valid UTF-8, "�SMB012". - AppleInsider

2)when the battery's out, -v loading gets to a point where it claims that it cannot find, and that it cannot find any servers...WTF? cannot find any servers? why is it looking for ntp (if it even is)

OK. the only diffrence from the dell mini i used to have and the new one i'm putting the HDD into is the unless anyone interjects with any ideas (PLEASE DO!) i'm going to see if i can downgrade the bios to A05.

If upgradding to A10 is easier, please post that here, and a link to the guide.

Thanks in advance!

the A05 bios downgrade does not fix...

the error (error#2) :
ntpdate[119]: can't find host
ntpdate[119]: no servers can be used, exiting

then it just hangs forever...

anyone at least know what this is?

All this for just moving over my HDD? WTF!

OSX 10.5.8|Dell Mini 10v|2GB RAM|160GB HD|A05 Bios|Dell EFI method (Anguish-Youtube Ver.) |TrippleBootWin7-OSX-Ubuntu

Last edited by Trilokavijaya; 09-13-2011 at 12:57 AM.

« Wake on LAN? | Possible to update an HDD with usb? »