Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Installing ubuntu after failed os x upgrade, help - 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM

Hey guys I am having some issues with my 10v and I figured someone here would have some insight on how to get past this wall I have encountered.

Yesterday I completed my first hackintosh install(awesome!) on my Dell Mini 10v using a bootable partition created with a retail Snow Leopard DVD. Everything was working fine until I decided to be courageous and upgrade to 10.6.7. I followed instructions here: How to Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v to OSX 10.6.7

What a mistake that was.... when I boot up the 10v I just get the apple boot screen and the little cog spins and spins and spins, I let it be and it kept spinning for up to several hours. In attempt to fix this I decided to install Ubuntu 11.04 for a more stable 10v experience. I downloaded the ubuntu install .iso from the official ubuntu website and followed the instructions listed to convert it from .iso and .dmg so that I could make a bootable partition on the external drive from my girlfriends MacBook Pro.

I followed the instructions and it seemed to have created the partition just fine. It would mount on the desktop when I would plug it into the MacBook Pro but it would not be recognized by either the 10v or the MBP when trying to boot to the Ubuntu install partition.

I know reinstalling OS X 10.6 would be a quick and easy fix but I would like to try ubuntu on there before I decide to stick with OS X. Has anyone else had trouble updating to 10.6.7? Thanks for reading my post and helping out in advance!

« Noobie question- Mac OS X on Dell Mini 10v | NetbookInstaller on 10.6.7 - Flash laggy, 100% CPU load -> SpeedStep? »