Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default No videos in 10.6.7 - 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Where the youtube, skype, and other video windows are I just get a "hole" showing the desktop beneath the webpage. I suppose an overlay is not working. If I try to run a video with vlc. I just get a blank screen.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-02-2011, 12:36 PM

Hi, I've been having the same problems since moving to 10.6.8.

Flash leaves a 'window' to the desktop through which not only can you see items below, but also interact with them! The sound from the Flash item plays but nothing else.

After researching a bit and getting rid of a few plug-ins the problem persists but is intermittent.

Chromium Forums seem to show it's been an occasional problem with real Mac users for a while It seems to have something to do with graphic card swapping from intel to discrete in Macbooks and at a guess there seems to be an issue with GMA950 as I've noticed expose is very laggy and choppy as are minimise effects and flash is also ridiculously bad- but they may have something to do with 1GB of RAM.

All issues have occurred after 10.6.8 (for me)

The Chromium forum - Flash content appearing as transparent box - Google Chrome Help

As an aside, I've noticed my external monitor (1366 x 768) runs much more smoothly than the internal monitor despite the higher resolution.

Any help much appreciated!

« 10.5.8 To Make Bootable 10.6.7 USB | Unable to patch 64 bit kernel »