Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Netbook Maker? - 07-04-2011, 03:00 PM

How can I get Mac OS X and Netbook Maker or Installer on the same Flash Drive without a Mac.

(#2) Old
Default 07-14-2011, 01:14 AM

I see that no one has answered your question so I hope you have figured it out on your own by now. If not go to the top of the page, there is a tab called "Guides". They were really helpful for me. I only have PCs, so I downloaded some image programs that were recommended and it worked really well.

I don't remember if I used the programs listed in the initial post of the threads or if I used the follow up programs. So read the whole thread You'll see the problems others encountered that way....

Good luck, have fun. The mini is "quicker" with OSX than it ever was with Win7, for me. Not fast by any stretch, but OSX seems a better fit for the hardware.

FWIW I installed 10.6 initially and then upgraded to 10.6.7. I did put on 10.6.8, but ran into major headaches. So I would suggest upgrading to 10.6.7 and getting used to it before going to 10.6.8.

Dell Mini 10V
OSX 10.6.7
NBI .....351

Last edited by bob4apple; 07-14-2011 at 01:17 AM.

« Download locations for newer NBI? Update 10.6.3 to ? | Mac OS X cannot find the wireless card! »