Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Two Questions - 07-02-2011, 08:01 PM

1. I get very random KP. I can't really seem to pinpoint them to find a cause. Does anybody have any suggestions? It's really more of a bother than anything because I never know when they're going to happen. They tend to happen in clusters where I'll have 2 or 3 in a row. Then won't have one for literally weeks. I'm currently using 10.6.6, everything else seems to work fine, except always wondering if I'm going to lose what I'm currently working on.

2. Is it worth it to try and update to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 or (particularly if I get the KP issue fixed) should I just stay with 10.6.6. I don't really do a lot of heavy duty computing, it's mostly email, web-browsing and occasional office work. Thanks in advance.

(#2) Old
Default 07-02-2011, 09:39 PM

KPs usually result from using the keyboard's arrow keys to scroll (especially while web browsing). No fix that I know of except to avoid using those keys, either by using a mouse, or by clicking the GUI arrows with the touchpad/cursor. Also, the combo shortcuts will do fine (alt+arrow up/down)

Updates to .7/.8 contain security updates and that's the main reason to do them. Other than that, improved app store.

I run .7, currently, haven't tried .8 as it appears to be somewhat problematic according to the threads I've read. But I'll probably try it later this week.

Remember to back up before you attempt an update though.

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link:

« PLEASE HELP!! My Mini 10v is stuck in some kind of start-up loop [VIDEO INCLUDED]! | Ram upgrade »