Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Possible to save install after Kernel Panic (unsupported cpu) - 05-30-2011, 05:53 PM

I've now installed OSX 3 times and keep running into issues.

This last time, I finally was able to get 10.6.7 installed using NBI ...351. I installed usign 10.6 retail disc and then made sure wireless stayed disabled. I installed NBI 8.3, rebooted, installed NBI ...351 installed Combo update 10.6.7 then isntalled NBI 351 again and finally rebooted. No problems! worked perfectly.

I then installed some random security updates and rebooted via Apple Update.. no issues.

Now I just rebooted again and I'm getting Kernel Panic... I feel like I should be able to save the install somehow without a 4th OSX installation. If it requires another install I'm just switching to ubuntu.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-01-2011, 08:17 PM

I'm also suffering from this same epidemic... can't seem to figure this problem out and it's so frustrating to waste hours of time in vain. HELP! dell mini 9 - 2gb RAM, USB legacy is off, etc....

[EDIT] boot using the USB SL install stick, at the boot screen where it gives you the option to boot from USB or HD, select your mini's hard drive. This solves the UNRECOGNIZED CPU kernel panic error and you get get back to desktop (at least I was able), despite the fact that recovery=y did not work.
Once you're back in, re-run NBI 351 and reboot to joyfulness! 10.6.7 working well!

Last edited by missbooty; 06-02-2011 at 03:26 AM.

« Dell mini 10V speedstepping OSX 10.6.7 + NBI ...056 | Replacement AC Adapter/Charger for Mini 1011 (10V) »