Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default How to fix Boot Partition - 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM

I have been running my Dell Mini 10v for quite some time, now with 10.6.7 full y working without any issues. I decided to partition the drive and throw Ubuntu on the new partition. I was playing around with Grub, trying to get it from booting directly to Ubuntu and well, I guess you know what happened....I can see everything is still there and with an Ubuntu Live USB boot drive I can modify GRUB, but, I really just want to use Chameleon or NBI if I can to fix the OSX boot partition. The issue is, How do I get NBI started if I cannot get into OSX? I can re-create a bootable USB using NBM and my original Snow Leopard DVD, but, there has got to be a better way?

Does anyone have any simpler methods for running NBI from USB? Fixing the Boot partition?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

(#2) Old
Default 04-12-2011, 07:44 PM

Never mind. Problem solved.

Went into GRUB from Linux Live USB drive, removed the 'Boot' flag from partition(s), then booted using an old NetbookMaker based USB Mac OSX SL drive. At that point, it asked me which partition to boot. I chose the previous Mac OSX partition, once booted, was able to re-run NBI on it and all boots fine, with option to boot either O/S now.

« Forgive Me... | Can't even get installion to start, keep on getting asked to restart »