Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default In need of some help... - 03-17-2011, 08:54 AM

Hey Guys,

I have not been on here in a WHILE. My mini10v was working great until during class I let my itunes update and got this:

I have been so freaking busy with school and work that I have completely forgot about it. I wanna get this guy updated like before but I am so behind and forgot everything I could really use some help!

Thanks in advance!!
  (#2) Old
Default 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM

Hi rort,
From the look of things you need to remove SleepEnabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions/ - the version that you have is not working with the updated version of SL that you are running.

Try running recovery=y when you boot. That should get you to your Desktop.
Then go to /Extra and find SleepEnabler.kext (probably in Mini10vExt) and delete it.
Then run and reboot. This should give you a normal boot (but sleep wont work)

I think there is a new version of SleepEnabler.kext:
Try installing that in /Extra/Mini10vExt, run again and reboot.

Hope that helps.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-18-2011, 05:56 AM

You need to boot using NBM or NCD...which ever method you used to initially get os x on your mini. Once you get that far you need to run NBI again...I would use the 0.8.4 ver. since the 8.5pre is still buggy. If this doesn't fix it let me know...

10v | N270 | 2gb RAM | OS X 10.6.7 | 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD | BT | Wifi N | NBI RC4 Special | Apple magic mouse |
  (#4) Old
Default 03-18-2011, 06:17 PM

for those who need help to install mac os x on pc,pm me,or contact me at george_luci2005 ( yahoo messenger)

« OS 10.6.6 Either Keyboard or Sound - not both | "Install failed MAC OS X could not installed on your computer" »