Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NBI 51 asking for password twice? - 03-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Two strange things are happening on my 10v with OSX 10.6.6 whenever I try to run the NBI 51.
First, at the current operation point of "Generating Extension Caches" it asks for my admin password for the second time (first time is when first starting it).

Secondly, no matter how I try, when I hit shift at boot it DOES not go to Chameleon - it only gives me the option of which drive to boot (OSX or Win7).

So, I'm stuck - got issues and can't fix them the normal way of re-running NBI or doing the recovery=y option.

Any ideas?

10V, dual booting 10.6.2 and Win7 Ultimate. 2gb ram, 320gb (7200), bluetooth, 6 cell battery
  (#2) Old
Default 03-15-2011, 07:44 AM

When I had a dual boot on my 10v I used easyBCD to handle my dual boot...easiest way to dual boot IMHO. You may want to try it out...takes the headache out of dual booting. As for asking for your admin password, I don't really know.

10v | N270 | 2gb RAM | OS X 10.6.7 | 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD | BT | Wifi N | NBI RC4 Special | Apple magic mouse |

« SSD, OS X, & trim? | New SSD, new problems... »