Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default 10v won't boot; Stuck at Apple logo - 03-05-2011, 06:22 PM

My friend gave me his 10v to fix, and the problem is that it when booting, it gets stuck on the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. Before that, however, the Apple logo will show up with a progress/loading bar that shows up at the bottom which has never never been there before.

Unfortunately, we're not sure what caused the problem. We're assuming that someone must've updated the OS by accident, but we don't know for sure if that is actually the problem or not.

To make things worse, I'm not even able to get to the command prompt to enter safe mode (or any other mode for that matter), so I'm pretty much stuck

Any ideas on how to get this thing to boot?

Last edited by MattFoley; 03-05-2011 at 07:34 PM.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Is it a dual boot? Will it boot to the windows side? I would try to run the NBI and see if that will restore the MAC side. I had this problem, apple spinning forever, did a fresh install, bummer.

See if you can get it to boot off of the USB on the Mac side and do a repair?

Dell Mini 10V, 320GB 7200 RPM, 2 GB memory, Bluetooth card arrived today, mac os 10.6.6, windows xp
  (#3) Old
Default 03-05-2011, 09:43 PM

I think I'll try to do what you said and repair it from an installer USB.

« SCORE!!! Snow Leopard WORKING with Projector! | Any updates on 10.6.7 on mini10v »