Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default Facetime 1.00 (From the App Store) - 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Just thought I'd post up on how the new Facetime app works:

First off, the beta was kind of choppy on my 10v, and it crashed a lot.
Since then, I've overclocked my video card (Using GMA - Booster), so I don't exactly know if my results are tainted.

The new facetime is a lot faster.It's pretty dang nice and I'd recommend upgrading if you enjoy calling people in both time and face... sorry I can't resist a bad pun every now and then ) (It's only $.99)

Anybody else have similar results?

Dell Mini 10v [Mac OS X 10.6.5, Windows 7, 2gb Ram, stock wifi, 160gb hdd, bluetooth, and a glowing Apple logo on the lid]
Current Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2 [Sprint]
  (#2) Old

Default 03-06-2011, 01:48 AM

I've tried Skype with mixed results, though I don't have much need to do any video chat.

You say GMA Booster worked for you? What version are you running? I can only seem to find 0.9a but am not sure if that version even works anymore.
  (#3) Old

Default 03-06-2011, 04:18 AM

facetime works just fine so does skype in fact the webcam is better through skype on my mini than my 07 macbook, with out gma booster.

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51
  (#4) Old

Default 03-09-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaruzek View Post
I've tried Skype with mixed results, though I don't have much need to do any video chat.

You say GMA Booster worked for you? What version are you running? I can only seem to find 0.9a but am not sure if that version even works anymore.
9a is the version I use. I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything different from normal though I should probably have written down my benchmarks from before...

The reason I ask about video chat is because our school is getting new iPads next year, and even though I'll be graduated, I'm still helping out from 180 miles away and the video feature is fun for the kids

Dell Mini 10v [Mac OS X 10.6.5, Windows 7, 2gb Ram, stock wifi, 160gb hdd, bluetooth, and a glowing Apple logo on the lid]
  (#5) Old

Default 03-19-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder12 View Post
9a is the version I use. I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything different from normal though I should probably have written down my benchmarks from before...
What do you use for benchmarking? I would like to try this myself.
  (#6) Old

Default 03-20-2011, 12:28 AM

p.s what rate did you over clock at? 250 0r 400 mhz?

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51
  (#7) Old

Default 03-21-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaruzek View Post
What do you use for benchmarking? I would like to try this myself.
Xbench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixz View Post
p.s what rate did you over clock at? 250 0r 400 mhz?
400mhz, on Snow Leopard. I benched it, changed my speed, and restarted, and then I realized, "Hey, I never wrote down my first bench!"

I'll probably try it again, except this time I'll write down my scores :P

« Weird Problems installing os x from USB | Poll: Best web browser for Snow Leopard 10v »